Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Got my first figma.

I just recently got into collecting anime figures, and decided to get some figmas. My first one came in a few weeks ago. I bought a Wonder Fest 2008 Konata Izumi cosplaying as Haruhi Suzumiya. She's a really nice figure. I just have a couple of problems with it. This first one is when trying to pose her arms her front hair always falls off. Saw several people mention this problem with the winter uniform Konata as well, so it's not unique to the Cosplay Konata. I think the problem may be due to her hair coming down right in front of the sholder joints making it easy to knock her hair off when moving the arms. The second problem with mine is the front and rear hair pieces are 2 different shades of blue, but I can over look that.



More after the jump.


I have 3 more figmas on order, Kagami and Tsukasa Hiiragi (Lucky Star), and Yuki Nagato with Witch Costume (The Meloncholy of Haruhi Suzumiya). Tsukasa is out this month, and Kagami and Yuki are scheduled to be released in Sept. All 3 can be reserved at Hobby Search or Kid Nemo (See side bar for links). Now here's a picture of Konata, and please excuse the picture quality as I only have a cheap webcam to take pictures with.

Konata is standing on a copy of Kasumi vol 1. I recieved this in the mail a few days ago out of no where. I didn't order the book it just showed up. I think I may of entered a contest where this was a prize, but don't remember where I entered. It was a nice surprise and is actually a pretty good book. I'm looking forward to reading the rest of the series.

If your curious what the book is about, it is about Kasumi, who is just transfering to an elite private school. On the way to her new home with her dad, they stop to explore a forest where she encounters these strange lights. A few days later she suddenly discovers she has the power to turn invisible when she holds her breath.

Wow, was just checking Right Stuf to get a link for anyone intrested in ordering the book, and it's not scheduled to come out untill Aug 26th. Guess I won a pre-release copy. Anyway, if your intrested in pre-ordering Kasumi, Right Stuff has it for pre-order for $8.21. Get it here!

Disclaimer

If you follow any links or advertisements to online stores found on this site I earn a small commission.